We are currently overwhelmed with tickets and can not answer tickets for general account imbalances or warnings in the tax report (similar causes) UNLESS you, the user, have take all the step listed below:
1) Import all data from all exchanges you frequent – be observant on the import page what the import is missing (red crosses) and enter this data yourself.
Methods to enter data include:
If you have already set up APIs, double check that they have no error message on the import page.
2) Go to your Balance by Exchange page and compare the coin balances with your real life balances. You should see no negative numbers other than FIAT.
IF you see other negative numbers, you have missed something in step 1. You can identify the coin and exchange here easily and go back to add the missing data.
Common reasons for negative numbers: Wrong or Negative Coin Values
3) If you suspect double entries, please go to the Trade List and select Full View, then Advance Search for the coin and exchange with the issue. Under Imported you can see the source of the entry (for manual field is empty) and decide which one to delete.
If you want to avoid future double entry, read here: Reoccurring Duplicate Transactions
4) Import all wallets you own. Wallets are updated every couple of hours, BUT ETH wallets do not import internal transactions and some tokens, so they also have to be entered by you as well.
5) If you have small discrepancies for coins, check whether they could stem from fees not being deducted. Enter those as [OUT] SPENT to balance your amounts.
6) If you are missing entire coins or coins are not calculated, please make sure that the ticker is correct by searching for the coin on the Coin Trends page and comparing it to your trades. If the tickers is different, please rename the coins to start recalculation: Entering / Editing Renamed or Re-branded Coins (e.g. ANS and NEO)
7) Tax warnings do not necessarily give you the exact trade, because sometimes the coins are split into purchase pools. Search for the coin, exchange and date in the Trade List to find the data underlying the warning.
The error (e.g. not enough BTC) does not have to originate on the same date, but could have lain dormant for a while until that trade and therefore the missing information could be longer ago than the warning. Purchase Pool Warnings
If you have warnings between FIATS, then you can remedy this easily:Working with Two Fiat Currencies / Cost Basis 0 for FIAT
8) If you received coins from a fork: Entering Coins With a Fork (e.g. BTC and BCH)
If you participated in an ICO: Entering ICO Coins and Non Listed Assets
If you have executed all steps above and you still can’t find the reason for an imbalance or tax warning, please contact us with a specific request, quoting coin, exchange, date etc.
Screenshots are always helpful!
Thank you for your cooperation.