CoinTracking uses different calculations to evaluate your trades:
Total Account Value:
On some pages (for example, under 'Enter Coins'), you will find a 'Summary' box on the right hand side.These numbers reflect the current value of all your currencies and coins.It is the value you would get right now if you sold all your coins and currencies. (The 'Summary' box appears only if at least one commodity is listed.)
- Sum Coins: The current value of all your coins like BTC, ETH, LTC...
- Sum Commodities: The current value of all your commodities like Gold, Silver... (appears only if at least one commodity is listed)
- Sum Currencies: The current value of all your currencies like USD, EUR, GBP... (at the beginning probably negative, since coins are usually bought with currencies)
- Total Account Value (or sometimes called 'Profit/Loss'): The sum of all three values (Coins + Commodities + Currencies). It is the difference between income and expenditure.
When you bought 1 BTC for 500 USD and the current market price is 1000 USD
Your Coin value will be: 1000 USD
Your Currency value will be: -500 USD
Your Total Account value will be: +500 USD
Unrealized gain is the profit/loss you would achieve if you sold all your coins right now. It is calculated from the average purchase price of a coin and the current market price.
(Current market price - average purchase price) x amount
If your average purchase price per BTC is 300 USD and the current BTC price is 1000 USD
Your unrealized gain will be: 700 USD
Realized gain is the profit/loss you've already achieved with your sales. It is calculated using FIFO from your purchase price of a coin and your sales price.
(Sales price - Purchase price) x amount
When you buy 1 BTC for 100 USD and you sell it for 200 USD
Your realized gain will be: 100 USD
When you buy 1 BTC for 100 USD and you sell 0.5 BTC for 100 USD
Your realized gain will be: 50 USD
Usually refers to the current value of a coin or currency.
- Current Balance: The current value for all your currencies
- Daily Balance: The value for all your currencies on a specific date in the past
- Balance by Exchange: The current value for all your currencies grouped by exchange or trade-group
- Balance by Currency: The current value for all your currencies grouped by currency and month or year