Support Desk

Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Wrong balances after moving from competition

I moved to Cointracking from another software that didn't work for me. Unlike the other soft, Cointracking is showing wrong balances. What's wrong?

• Hi,

First of all, thanks for trusting us with your account, we'll do our best to make your experience with CoinTracking better than the previous platform.

To answer your question:

Other tracking software just use the balance API of an exchange to show the current balance (like we do it on the Exchange Live Balance page). This page is only used to compare the imported balance vs. the real "live" balance, as CoinTracking works differently: balances are calculated based on imported/added transactions.

In order to get a tax compliant gain calculation, our system needs all your transactions and calculates the balances based on it. Please ensure that all your transaction are listed correctly in CoinTracking. Follow the Import FAQ in order to import your transactions correctly.

Deposits and Withdrawals do not have any influence on the gains results, but are mandatory e.g. for the Depot/Lot separation. If you have no longer access to some transactions you can find here some options: Exchange closed or missing data due to wallet inaccessibility.

I hope this helps, if you need more in-depth help, start a ticket and we'll look at your situation in detail.

1 person likes this
  • It has bee establish i have an account with you email adress rupertkhawl123@gmail.com my full nsme Rupert khwalsingh
  • And what is you question?

Login or Signup to post a comment